Tuesday, 09/17/2019 888-867-5633 communications@msla.org

Insurer FAQs

Are "No Business" filings required?

Insurers are required to submit a “No business” filing via SLIP if no insurance business was written in the Mississippi during the prior year. Please refer to the Help Files within SLIP for assistance with submitting a zero business filing.

How do I notify MSLA of Name/Mailing Address Changes?

Insurer name, mailing address, contact, and domiciliary state changes are all made through the Mississippi Insurance Department. For more information, please refer to the Surplus Lines Insurance Forms section listed under the Company Filing Registration page on the MID website.

Is it possible to submit the policy data into SLIP using both manual and the XML batch submission methods?

Insurers may complete the annual MSLA SLIP filings via manual entry or XML batch upload methods, using both filing methods, or with multiple XML files.

What if the MS premium on the Schedule T does not match with the SLIP reported premium?

Mississippi is following the Home State rules and regulations of the NRRA and insurers are requested to report the MS Home State written premium. It is anticipated that that the SLIP reported premium and the Schedule T premium may not always match. MSLA will verify that the annual SLIP filing has been completed from each nonadmitted insurer.

What is the difference between an agent, agency, or broker?

Agent, Agency, or Broker

For MSLA reporting purposes, the term “broker” may be used to reference the name of an “agent” or the name of an “agency.”